You can now enjoy hypnotherapy sessions from the comfort of your own home using video chat live through Skype. Skype is a free program that can be used from your computer, tablet or mobile phone. Alternatively, sessions can be held over FaceTime or similar video conference methods.
Advantages of Online Sessions
- Convenience: The major advantage of an online session is the removal of transportation barriers. Whether you are not able to make find a ride to the office, don’t want to deal with traffic or on vacation you can still get your session in from the comfort of your own computer.
- Comfort: Another advantage of online sessions is that you are in your own environment. For some people, this is a big factor. Imagine relaxing in your ideal environment while enjoying your hypnosis session. You can relax more because you are in a familiar environment.
- Time Management: With the hustle and bustle of everyday, sometimes it feels like there is not enough time in the day. Doing your hypnotherapy session via online video conferencing you have the flexibility to fit in a session at a time that is more convenient. You can connect at your scheduled time from the comfort of your own home or office and not have to factor in the drive time, saving that extra drive time for yourself to enjoy.
- Uninterrupted Sessions: If you can’t make it to the office, you can always find some time to do your session from home without disrupting the flow of your therapy.
First you will need a free Skype account (or other online video conferencing program), a computer, tablet or cell phone that is internet capable and has a webcam, a broadband connection, and a quiet place where you can comfortably have your session free from interruptions. It is also recommended you have headphones with a microphone to get the greatest benefit from your online session.
THINGS TO KNOW
1. Sessions must always be prepaid. Sessions can be paid via Pay Pal or Credit Card. The cost for online sessions and in-office sessions are the same.
2. A completed questionnaire and consent form must be received prior to the session.
3. For the success of your session please ensure you will undisturbed for the duration of your session. It is important for the success of your session that you remain uninterrupted unless in the case of emergencies. Please notify friends, family members, employees etc. appropriately.
4. Turn off any cell phones or other devices that would provide a distraction.
5. Find a comfortable place to relax where your neck and back will be supported. Some people find a recliner, an executive office chair or a bed work well.
6. Ensure any distracting factors are removed from the spot you choose, including pets.
7. Use the bathroom prior to the session.
8. If you need to change your appointment date or time for any reason, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. Appointments cancelled within 24 hours will not be refunded.
Frequently asked Questions about Online Sessions:
What happens during an online session?
An online session is just like an in-person session. The session will consist of all aspects of an in-person session.
What happens after I purchase my online session?
After purchasing your online session you will be asked to fill out a questionnaire and sign a consent form. If you have any questions about the questionnaire or consent you can contact us prior to your session.
What happens if there is an interruption in the connection during our session?
If for any reason, our session should become disconnected attempts to reconnect will be made immediately. If we are not able to reconnect other arrangements will be made to finish the session at another time.
What happens if we disconnect and I am still in hypnosis
Always remember you are in control. In the beginning of our session you will be given instructions to terminate the trance state if we are disconnected and cannot reconnect.
How do I end the session in case of disconnection? Will I be stuck?
You cannot get “stuck” in hypnosis. You can bring yourself out of hypnosis any time you wish or you can remain in that relaxed state, fall asleep and wake up refreshed and renewed.